Samet Nangshe Viewpoint Overlooking Phang Nga Bay

Samet Nangshe Viewpoint in Tha Yu, Phang Nga Province, was discovered not long ago by the professional photographer Khun Theerasak Saksritawee. In just a short time, this place has gone from being completely unknown to have a pathway from the roadside up to the viewpoint. The entrance fee to climb up is 30 baht for Thais and 50 baht for tourists (free entry for children). You can even rent a tent for 350 baht or stay in a bungalow for 500 baht if you want to spend the night photographing the night sky.

Phang Nga Bay is famous for its spectacular scenery, and spots like James Bond Island and Koh Panyee attracts tons of tourists every day — but never before have you seen Phang Nga Bay like this. Samet Nangshe Viewpoint now draws many photographers who want to capture the perfect sunrise over Phang Nga Bay.

samet-nangshe-viewpoint

The Samet Nangshe Resort sign at the first viewpoint.

samet-nangshe-viewpoint-gopro

The second viewpoint is higher, and it’s up here you’ll find the tents.

Tent with amazing view!

Me in one of the lined up tents just for a picture. Imagine spending the night here!

Samet Nangshe Bungalows overlooking Phang Nga Bay.

Very simple bungalows overlooking the breathtaking scenery.

Sweaty and dirty wife

My wife, sweaty and dirty, but happy about the view.

Samet Nangshe Viewpoint Pick-up Car

If you don’t want to do the 20-minute climb, you can jump on a pick-up car for a small sum.

UPDATE
There is a newly opened place called Sametnangshe Boutique with a lovely restaurant and nice tents for rent – with the same fantastic view!

Directions to Samet Nangshe Viewpoint from Phuket

PIN THIS FOR LATER!

8 thoughts on “Samet Nangshe Viewpoint Overlooking Phang Nga Bay

1. Nicole December 3, 2016 / 4:19 pm

Hi. Looks beautiful! Just wondering where the rental is for the tent. Is it something we would need to plan in advance? Or is someone always at that spot? And do they include blankets etc? Any other advice would be great. We are going next week… not sure about the weather tho. So may not be able to spend the night, but hope to see the night sky and sunrise at least.

2. Anders December 3, 2016 / 4:41 pm

Hi, Nicole! Talk with the man at the entrance (where you pay 50 baht). I believe it cost 350 THB per tent. I don’t know about blankets (there are mattresses in the tents), so you should bring something thin and a small pillow, after all, it’s pretty hot even at nights. Don’t forget water. There are food stalls down by the entrance. Would be cool if you get back to me after your experience. Good luck!

• Nicole December 20, 2016 / 3:12 pm

I just wanted to follow up, unfortunately we got super sick just before arriving in Phuket. So we were in no shape to sleep in a tent… we barely left our hotel room. I was super bummed, as it sounded like an awesome experience. I hope one day we can return and try this! Thanks again for your advice, sorry we didn’t get to go.

• Anders December 20, 2016 / 3:16 pm

Oh, sorry to hear Nicole. Get well and thanks for getting back to me.

3. eunice January 21, 2017 / 4:01 pm

Hi! How did you get to the viewpoint? I would like to go there tomorrow night form Phuket and stay overnight so I can wake up for the sunrise, but there doesn’t seem to be any information anywhere about it. Also, are tents available at all times?

• Anders January 21, 2017 / 8:41 pm

Hi, Eunice. We drove ourselves from Phuket but I think you can go by taxi (show them the map i have embed on my blog). They should have tents available at all times.

4. Noah February 3, 2017 / 3:09 pm

Looks super cool..might have to check this out. Heading to Thailand and August but also will be back in November.

• Anders February 3, 2017 / 3:31 pm

Yeah, you should definitely check it out. It’s beautiful!